Background Image for Hero:
ONLINE WINTER INTERSESSION
Earn up to 3 credits in 3 weeks!View Courses
EARN UP TO 3 CREDITS IN 3 WEEKS
Whether you are looking to fit that extra course into your schedule, boost your GPA, or simply make the most of your winter break, WVU's online Winter Intersession is an opportunity to further your academic goals in a flexible online environment. All Winter Intersession courses are offered 100% online in three intensive weeks. Enrollment is open to current, new, transfer or Guest Pass students. Courses for Winter Intersession are billed separately and are in addition to spring term charges. Cost per credit hour is $369, and grades will post as part of the spring term. Students will need to call WVU Online at 1-800-253-2762 for departmental approval.
Due to the accelerated format, students are not permitted to exceed 3 credit hours. Students who are registered for more than 3 credit hours will be administratively removed. If a student takes a Winter Intersession course and withdrawals from the Spring Term after March 22nd, he/she will lose the credit earned during Winter Intersession.
Who should participate in the online Winter Intersession?
- WVU undergraduate students in good academic standing in regards to Satisfactory Academic Performance.
- WVU undergraduate students who would like to get-ahead, catch-up or fulfill scholarship/financial aid requirements.
- WVU undergraduate students from the main campus, Potomac State College or the Institute of Technology.
- Guest students.
Who is eligible to register for the online Winter Intersession?
- Admitted WVU Undergraduate students and guest students.
- Students not currently enrolled in or previously enrolled in the course requested.
- Students with previous enrollment in an online course, is highly encouraged.
- Students with no outstanding holds or balances due on their accounts.
"This was a very positive experience. The teacher was very willing to work with me, even though Christmas break is a busy season. Winter Intersession allowed me to complete a class over break that helped me graduate on time."
"This was one of my best class experiences at WVU. I decided to take History 153 to lighten my load for the spring semester and so that I could graduate. The best part was that it was only 3 weeks and there were no exams."
"My Sociology 101 online class helped me learn how to be productive on my own time and stay very organized. Time management is an essential thing in nursing. I also loved that the teacher was so focused on my success."